99 sea doo gsx ltd 951 idling fine and taking off fine but bogging at high speeds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sedenzo

i’ve had the carb off multiple times, cleaned it. it is not dirty rn at all. replaced some of the lines. adjusted low and high speed screws to factory settings. new plugs. all lines are getting fuel. i can not figure it out!! it’ll take off just fine and go for a few seconds second then it’ll bog down! if i feather the throttle it’ll keep at a decent speed

You are running lean so if you continue you’ll ruin the engine.

Did you rebuild the carbs using only genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats. Replace the fuel selector and strainer o-ring?

You are running lean so
You are running lean so if you continue you’ll ruin the engine.

Did you rebuild the carbs using only genuine Mikuni parts and new needles and seats. Replace the fuel selector and strainer o-ring?
when i’ve taken it apart, i’ve just cleaned everything very well. didn’t replace anything. no i have not looked at the fuel selector. i haven’t looked at the raves either.

i’m not sure what the strainer ring is, i’m really good with dirtbikes i bought this ski nun running a few weeks ago it’s my first jet ski

Replace the fuel selector and the fuel filter assembly as they can both suck air and cause the symtoms you describe.

Replace the fuel selector and the fuel filter assembly as they can both suck air and cause the symtoms you describe.
today i replaced the fuel selector and all the fuel lines. still having the same problem. fine takes off fine idles fine. but it will not hold wide open

Did you replace the fuel filter assembly? Very common to suck air their, I had the same symtoms as you last year. To test, run the reserve line from the tank directly to the carb to bypass the selector and fuel filter

If that dosnt work rebuild your carbs with genuine mikuni kits make sure to get replacement needles and seats as well

If that dosnt work rebuild your carbs with genuine mikuni kits make sure to get replacement needles and seats as well
i will try that out. also talked to a guy he said he thinks it’s electrical. carbs have been cleaned but not rebuilt. i bought 2 kits today and the guy told me to return them and take it to him, he thinks it’s electrical. i’ve hard the carb off 5 times already. i’m starting to loose my mind. fuel filters clean, all lines are replaced. fuel selector replaced. i was going to put all the new parts into the carburetor but honestly, i don’t think it needs it

When it bogs have you tried pulling out the choke a little bit to see if it's running lean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back