99 GTX idles bad

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

svt_gEEk

I just bought a 1999 GTX limited and took it out on the water today to test it out. It has had some troubles cranking but we got it to crank before we bought it and heard it run and after several tries today we got it cranked and it ran great afterwards. The problem, however, we noticed when loading it back in the trailer. When I came in it idled fine, maybe a tad rough, but when I hit the trailer and gave it some gas to get it on the trailer good it bogged and died. After that I backed it off the trailer again and putted around and let it idle and it idled fine just out in the water. I gave it gas again and opened it up and it got to top speed really quick and felt strong out of the hole. I came back in to trailer it and it did the same thing: idled fine all the way to the trailer and when I gave it gas to get it on the trailer good it bogged and died again.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking the carbs may need some adjusting or cleaning even.

What am I looking for on the RAVE valves? I see how to take them out on the manual, but how far do I disassemble it or do I just take it out and look at it and clean it up?

Ok, I have cleaned the rave valves and am now on the fuel line replacement. Do I have to take that huge honking exhaust pipe off to get to the lines??

Ok, I have cleaned the rave valves and am now on the fuel line replacement. Do I have to take that huge honking exhaust pipe off to get to the lines??

nope...but after reading your original post,...the ski just doesnt want to go home/on trailer...:rofl:

Pull on the metal clip located behind the pipe on top, then remove the 2 air ducts, by pushing them down, after that, pop the rest of the airbox lid off and snorkel it out. Then you got access to the carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back