99 GSX Limited Cranks but won't turn over

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBlair

99 GSX Limited Cranks but won't turn over - for the pro's

Alright, my little water friend is being stubborn. The engine will crank but it will not turn over. There is spark, and the engine is receiving fuel, but still not running. Does anyone have any idea how this could be? I get the beeps at start up. The battery is fully charged and tested. The plugs are brand new and gaped right. The only thing I do not know is the o2?

It has been at a shop for 4 weeks now, and here is a quick synopsis of everything that happened. I bought the ski with premix. oil harness was jumped so it did not set off an alarm. I took it out in the water and an alarm went off and it only revved to 5800. Thats when i took it to the shop. After pretty much telling them the problem, we jumped the fuel sending harness and i took it out on the water hit about 6600 rpm and a decent top speed 55 or so. I figured it needed a carb adjustment or something. And it also hesitated alot before getting a real boost of energy. So I rode it about 15 minutes when it died in the middle of the lake and would not even crank. Wait then half a crank then die. Long story short spent 15 minutes with it sometimes trying to crank sometimes just nothing. Eventually got it to shore, checked inside, and it was flooded with oil inside. The guys at the shop had replugged the harness for oil back into the tank which was full so even though the hose was disconnected from the engine it spits the oil all into the hull. So i took it home and emptied a gallon and a half of oil or so. tried charging the battery and nothing. So I pulled out the plugs and without them in it cranks fine like there is no problem with them in, sometimes a couple quicl cranks but sometimes nothing. So I checked the rave valves too. 1 was stuck down and when finally freed moved very very slowly, even though it showed clean when completely pulled out.... So I brought it back to the shop told them the symptoms, and they have had it for weeks with no idea. So what does anyone think? Exhaust clogged? o2 not getting in? I'm out of ideas... There is probably even more to all of this that I am forgetting but I will take any suggestions to give these guys at the shop. They are stumped....

Last edited by a moderator:
Does no one have a reasonable idea on this? It does have the grey fuel lines, but the mechanic says it is getting fuel so i guess i beleive him...

Sounds Like you ran the Engine low on Oil In the Rotary Valve side..

Stripped the GEAR that gets Driven off the Crankshaft!!!!

Time to Tear it Down!!

My .o2

would that stop it from even starting and then idleing? And also its premix? Wouldn't that prevent any oil issues?

Alright, my little water friend is being stubborn. The engine will crank but it will not turn over. There is spark, and the engine is receiving fuel, but still not running. Does anyone have any idea how this could be? I get the beeps at start up. The battery is fully charged and tested. The plugs are brand new and gaped right. The only thing I do not know is the o2?

Right, it does not run at all. What oil is this and how would I know if it needed to be changed or added or however it works. I have a good understanding of things, but I do not know about any aidditonal or different oil.

OK.. First look at you Oil Lines..

There should be one at top of Crank case and bottom in the Middle.. From Oil Tank.. Normal Stock...

When People switch to Premix.. Some time they take out these Hoses... BAD Idea.. You need to Make a LOOP!!

Just USE TCW- 3 Good OIL INJEX

and Change it Every YEar!!

Napa MAtt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back