98 xp no beep no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

G2thefree

I have a 98 xp. When I attach the lanyard I get nothing. I have power all the way to pin 3 26. Any and all help is appreciated.

@JJinSC how do I check for ground. Attached is the wiring diagram. Which circuits can I check for continuity?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-234637_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614-234637_Drive.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 6
Check the battery ground cable. These things tend to deteriorate from the inside out and can look perfectly normal from the outside. Though, they usually show bad by not turning the starter. If bad enough, it could prevent any power. Check all of your connection points via the battery circuit for corrosion, etc. check all fuses.

Check the battery ground cable. These things tend to deteriorate from the inside out and can look perfectly normal from the outside. Though, they usually show bad by not turning the starter. If bad enough, it could prevent any power. Check all of your connection points via the battery circuit for corrosion, etc. check all fuses.
I think I have narrowed it down to the mpem not getting ground. I checked the wires going to the magneto for continuity between the black battery cable and the connector #2 and got no continuity. So where do I go from here? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back