98 XP limited starter fluid

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brassmonkey

I'm wondering where I can spray starter fluid or something like it into the air box without taking it apart on my 951. Is there a hole or something like on my old 96 to spray into? I just had carbs rebuilt in November and started it once a week until about a month ago when I had to go out of town now it just cranks but doesn't come close to wanting to start.

I'm wondering where I can spray starter fluid or something like it into the air box without taking it apart on my 951. Is there a hole or something like on my old 96 to spray into? I just had carbs rebuilt in November and started it once a week until about a month ago when I had to go out of town now it just cranks but doesn't come close to wanting to start.
Starting fluid is not a good idea with 2 strokes

Never starting fluid ever.

Use the choke. Pump the throttle a couple times if it still won’t start you have something wrong.

squirt gas in it, not starting fluid. starting fluid will destroy your motor.

With the airbox on a 951 it's really hard to squirt gas into the carbs.

Your carbs have accelerator pumps so a few pumps of the throttle will squirt raw fuel into the carbs, consider it a built in primer. If your carbs don't have fuel and/or your accelerator pump doesn't work then you need to fix this issue before trying to start it anyway.

I would remove the spark plugs and put a LITTLE fuel in the cylinders. It should start right up without having to crank for an excessive period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back