Shop Discount Sea-Doo Parts

98 XP limited starter fluid

Brassmonkey

Water Crafts
1998 XP limited
2001 GTX
I'm wondering where I can spray starter fluid or something like it into the air box without taking it apart on my 951. Is there a hole or something like on my old 96 to spray into? I just had carbs rebuilt in November and started it once a week until about a month ago when I had to go out of town now it just cranks but doesn't come close to wanting to start.

Ed Dozois

Water Crafts
97 GSX, 96 SPX, 94 XP
I'm wondering where I can spray starter fluid or something like it into the air box without taking it apart on my 951. Is there a hole or something like on my old 96 to spray into? I just had carbs rebuilt in November and started it once a week until about a month ago when I had to go out of town now it just cranks but doesn't come close to wanting to start.
Starting fluid is not a good idea with 2 strokes

mikidymac

Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1996 XP
1996 HX
1991 Superjet
2001 Superjet
Never starting fluid ever.

Use the choke. Pump the throttle a couple times if it still won’t start you have something wrong.

bowlerx

Water Crafts
2016 WAKE 155
2003 XPDI
1995 Kawasaki 750ZXI
squirt gas in it, not starting fluid. starting fluid will destroy your motor.

mikidymac

Staff member
Water Crafts
2003 GTI
2001 XP
1996 XP
1996 HX
1991 Superjet
2001 Superjet
With the airbox on a 951 it's really hard to squirt gas into the carbs.

Your carbs have accelerator pumps so a few pumps of the throttle will squirt raw fuel into the carbs, consider it a built in primer. If your carbs don't have fuel and/or your accelerator pump doesn't work then you need to fix this issue before trying to start it anyway.

Boyd12

Water Crafts
2004 Sea Doo XP di
I would remove the spark plugs and put a LITTLE fuel in the cylinders. It should start right up without having to crank for an excessive period of time.

SPONSORED LINKS

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member