98 Speedster (787 Engines) Rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloflash

Looking to rebuild the Top End of one of my 787 Engines.
Has 150PSI and 120PSI runs great sometimes and doesn't start at times.... (like yestersday :( )
Any advice before I start to order a top end kit?

That is concerning but will not cause it to run perfect sometimes but not others.

Yep, Open it up before you even think of ordering anything. Unless you've been in there before or were the original owner you have no idea what's in there piston size wise. When was the last time you went thru the fuel system, rebuilt the carbs?

Did a clean on the carbs about a year ago. Wasn't really needed. Problem is Starting its a pain (5-10mins) starting req's choke play & increase the throttle back and forward to find the sweet then it will start. Problem is its easly flooded then your screwed for the day. once started engine is 100% runnning great and restart is no problem! does this situation req a rebuild? (I do have spark, air and fuel)

Any good way to clear a flooded engine quickly?

Sounds like you still have a fuel issue. I would first look at leaking needle and seats.
If it “runs great when going “ then it’s unlikely the engine needs a rebuild.
Did you use genuine Mikuni carb kits, check popoff and leak down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back