98 Sea won't turn over

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmamas0507

Hello Everyone

I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with my seadoo. I just replaced the battery and it still won't turn over. It hasn't been in the water for two years now, but was started last spring as I was trying to sell it. Now summer is upon us yet again and I'm trying to sell it again but no one wants to buy it if it won't start.

I don't really know much about them and right now my husband isn't any help.

So if you have any ideas please lay them on me, times are tough and I need to sell it.

I do know though that it isn't getting any spark, even though I have new plugs and new battery, and have checked all the fuses.

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP

jumper the lugs on the Solenoid. If that don't work, take new battery & starter to an auto part store and get a free LOAD test. (takeing consideration you can hand turn the PTO).

Must have 2 beeps from the lanyard to get spark, I think it will crank for 30 seconds and then it turns everything off again, cleaning the post is the common cure or try a kitchen pot scrubber inside the key to get cobwebs out.

Thanks guys for the input.

Bills86e I tried jumping the solenoid on Tues and got nothing.

voodoo when I put the key in I get only get one long beep, and I noticed that under the clock the word compas flashes, but I don't know what that means.

The kid that came to look at it to buy it actually stuck a screw driver in the hole where the spark plug goes and thats how I know it has no spark.
Could I have fried the coil by trying to jump it with a jumper pack?

Being that I'm trying to sell it I really don't want to keep dumping money into it, the battery was $140 yesturday, and their telling me the coil is gonna be another $100.

Also when I got it back from the machanic when he winterized it I noticed in my storage bin that there is a connector has one black wire and one yellow and black, and their running into an orange piece that look like a button? what is that and where does it go?

I'm ready to take it out back and shot this thing.

If you have used a running truck/car/tractor or a battery charger it is likely the electronic system has been damaged, you said jumper pack which I hope is a aux. battery in a carry box - that booster should be OK, the running vehicle will kill the MPEM when you push the start button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back