98 GTX Ltd 951 Bogg at 1/4 throttle/LOW RPM's

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRick714

I have at 1998 GTX Ltd. with the 951 w/ dual carbs. The ski will run normal when I punch it from idle (1200rpms) to Wide open throttle. . However, the ski wants to bogg and some times cut off when going from idle to 1/4-1/2 throttle and will not go past 3500 rpms. But again, if I let the RPM's drop back down to idle, and just punch it WOT it will take off and seem to run just fine.

Has anyone had this issue or have any idea of what it can be?.

The carbs have been rebuilt and all fuel lines have been replaced. I have both low and high-speed jets set to OE spec.

Not being there to ride the ski, it seems that your accelerator pump is making up the difference on a bad intermediate fuel circuit. Did you try pumping the throttle in the range where you are having problems? If your accelerator pump was not working, the engine would sputter and maybe kill if as you tried to accelerate from idle. Back off all the way at your problem RPM and hit the throttle Wide Open. Pump it a few times and see what happens. You could still have an accelerator pump issue but I'd check Pop-Off. I try to get Pop-Off at 19-20psi.

I'm leaning toward the fact your are rich. You could have leaking needles. Check your carb leak down. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back