98 GTI Info Gauge Add-On ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyPunK

07B22DF6-BD2E-4A58-B7EC-B1D577F16CD6.jpegMy ‘98 GTI has the Rotax 717. It has a mph gauge and a fuel gauge. Fuel gauge has oil light in it as well. I have a 3rd spot where a gauge would go but it’s not equipped with it. My Fuel gaugI’m curious as to what I would need to do to add on another gauge. The ski runs great but tops out at 40mph. I don’t have an rpm gauge so I have no idea if it’s at full revs or still plenty to go and I need to dig deeper into that to see if and where issue lies. Also I don’t have a temp gauge so no way to know if running normal or too hot. I’ve wondered if the GTX/XP multi function gauge or GTX RPM would be able to be added onto my MPEM or not. And if I can only add on the RPM gauge what should I do about a temp gauge?

You don't need a temp gauge, that is why you have a beeper to let you know it's overheating.

Have same issue with my 97 GSI. Would like a Fuel and Trim analog gauge in the two available holes and get rid of inoperative factory multipurpose digital gauge that will not work at all. Possible?

You can install other gauges in the skis you just need to go by the wiring diagram and verify the wire colors. I just installed a 2003 RX DI INFO guage in a 2002 GTX RFI. The single function gauges would be much much easier for sure.

Thought so. In theory, the MPEC basically functions as an analog to digital converter to the dash gauge so simply by-passing it and wiring the sensors to the analog gauges should work OK, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back