Info gauge repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelley

I have a well loved 1996 GTX the info gauge is no longer working. I’m able to find plenty of working 1997 gauges but they don’t seem to be interchangeable there Has to be somebody out there that can fix these things or if anyone has a 1996 working info gauge please let me know

You can change the plugs on the 97 and connect the wires. I've done that on a few gauges. They pretty much all use the same wires. Download the repair manual and the wiring diagrams are in the last few pages.

Did you test the gauge on the 96" ? Are you getting power to the gauge?

I just took it to my mechanic I will check again with him…I knew there had to be a way. So when you say change the plugs what exactly do you mean? Yes i have no idea what I am doing but would love to be able to talk like I know!

Ok i found these….

Attachments

• ECB69150-90BB-4A65-9E28-B7B545F4DF54.png
    ECB69150-90BB-4A65-9E28-B7B545F4DF54.png
    750.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 35FF8329-6758-45A3-BD3C-6B1396E011B7.png
    35FF8329-6758-45A3-BD3C-6B1396E011B7.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 17
Yep just follow the wires and which instrument they are currently connected to to verify. I haven't looked at your diagrams but there is a red wire on the 1996 GTX info gauge wich needs 12 volts or the gauge won't come on. The power to the info gauge generally comes from the speedometer. I've used gauges of different skis. The prices people want for these things are unbelievably crazy. When I find a cheap one I buy it. LOL

I just took it to my mechanic I will check again with him…I knew there had to be a way. So when you say change the plugs what exactly do you mean? Yes i have no idea what I am doing but would love to be able to talk like I know!
Yes the plugs are different for the different model years. Buy the tool that allows you to disassemble the wires and put them in the plugs for your ski. That's the correct way. Splicing wires works but I don't like doing that unless I Have to. Good Luck !!

I have moved the pins around in the plugs so they match schematic PIN numbers, with success. Snap-on makes a pin removing tool that works well. Just compare the two schematics, one for your ski, and the schematic for the ski the new gauge came out of,
Then move pins as necessary on he plug for the new lcd gauge. You can’t change the mpem pins obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back