98 GSX Limited Mid Trhrottle problems....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailgate4jc

Well first thanks for any advise you can share.

Now here is the problem. When I put this in the water it runs great for about 20-25 minutes. Then it starts stumbling in mid throttle range. It runs fine at idle and full throttle. It takes a little to get to full throttle but when it gets there man it runs. This has been a problem since last year as well. Well like the 3 years I have had it.

To start with I have changed the fuel lines and the inline filters to the carbs. I have removed the "little" screens in the carbs...they were gone before I got there. I did take them apart and clean out the green slim from the green hoses. It doesn't seem to matter if the tank is full or empty. I have tried spraying carb cleaner while running and seems to not have a vacuum leak around the carbs. The rave valves seem to be in good shape and show no signs of rips in the diaphragms. I wonder if the hoses to the tank are plumbed correctly. I have tried to follow the hose schematic in a manual but seems to be the same from what I can see. (Side note...when fueling the tanks if I top it off I get fuel running out of the bleed line on the left side. Not sure why that happens as well). It has new plugs in it.

So it seems like I just tinker with it and hope that something changes. So far no change. I had hoped that after I thought about the fuel coming out it might be a vent problem. So the last time it started this I twisted the cap off and it also made no difference. So I believe I am at a loss.

I am sure I have left out so many detail so please ask away and I will answer to the best I can. Again thanks for all your help. I do enjoy reading so many of the threads and the great detail that is given.

Enjoy the water...

If the hoses have been changed... the carbs need to come off, and be cleaned properly. I'm going to assume you have a plug in the pilot system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back