98 GSX limited intake grate broke need help finding parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbyPwcer

so the intake grate broke I need to know what grate is a decent one for cheap also what is the black part called I need to replace that broke off the back where it bolts to shown in picture. unnamed (1).jpg

Many cheap stock ones on eBay as well as scoop grates if you want great hookup in rough water. The part that broke is part of your pump shoe, just Google it and you should find just the part that you need on ebay

When you install the new on,,,make sure your front 10mm hex bolts go through the hull with a 10mm nut on the hull side,,,so it does come loose and rip off again...I learned my lesson the hard way TWICE,!!!

When you install the new on,,,make sure your front 10mm hex bolts go through the hull with a 10mm nut on the hull side,,,so it does come loose and rip off again...I learned my lesson the hard way TWICE,!!!
wouldn't that flood your hull?

So on the hull side,,,you have black rtv silicone,,a flat stainless of course washer,,,and the nylock nut,,.seadoo in later years has added the "thru hull bolt",,,with the washer and nylok nut,,,your 10mm does not go in very far, often, ,people remove the intake grate to te remove a rope that is around the drive shaft,,,the bolt often strips,,,or the sleeve spins in the fibreglass,,,I actually have a nut on the back side of the rear 10 mm bolt,,,I dremel tool off the protruding nut,,,so it will not catch "lake stuff.,,the rear ones rarely strip/loosen,,,its the front ones,,,when they loosen ,,and the front of the grate drops a bit,,,well,,goodbye grate.,,NEVER...remove the intake grate,,,just remove the pump.

Typically, as a general rule in the boat world, you don't put any more holes in a hull than you need to. But I see where you're going with this. Stripped nut-sert sleeves are never good.

Trust me on this,,,the 2 front sleeves will just spin the fibreglass Or the thread is stripped ,, requiring you to drill out the sleeve,,,and then of course you will need a through bolt through the hull with a nut on the hull side,,,I have been through this issue unfortunately too many times...on mine,,,or a customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back