Intake Grate Ripped off. How to repair?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz427

Hello all,

I got under my Ski this week and realized that the intake grate has gone missing. I’ve done some research and plan to replace it with an aftermarket one. I’d love to hear peoples opinions on which after market one they like/prefer. Additionally I have some questions about mounting the new one. On the back side it broke of one of the mounting holes for this I am assuming I need to replace the Pump Support (271000954)? Is this a pain to do? Also in the front where the studs are sticking out, I assume these are sheared off. Can I use vice grips to back them out or are the bolts fiberglassed in?

TIA

Attachments

• BC5EB9F5-3BA3-4175-9D7B-E743598C8376.jpeg
    BC5EB9F5-3BA3-4175-9D7B-E743598C8376.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 33
  • BA19404A-F618-4068-9203-770505D5BC90.jpeg
    BA19404A-F618-4068-9203-770505D5BC90.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0D5E0E81-33A5-430D-801D-A7D4B7F696D1.jpeg
    0D5E0E81-33A5-430D-801D-A7D4B7F696D1.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 36
The pump shoe os easy to remove and there are directions on how to properly apply marine sealant for when you install a new one. Save some of the sealant for the front bolts that you’re going to have to back-out and replace.

Take off the ride plate, separate the old pumpshoe and usr a razor scraper to shave off the old marine sealant. Whipe it with Acetone to remove and clean mating surface. From there, just follow directions and reassembply.

What year make and model there was a recall on pump shoe leaks and the brass inserts pulling thru.contact sea doo maybe get parts for free at least

A wire brush,,,conical,,,on the end of a drill does a great job removing the old silicone,,,which is a pita.

Hello all,

I got under my Ski this week and realized that the intake grate has gone missing. I’ve done some research and plan to replace it with an aftermarket one. I’d love to hear peoples opinions on which after market one they like/prefer. Additionally I have some questions about mounting the new one. On the back side it broke of one of the mounting holes for this I am assuming I need to replace the Pump Support (271000954)? Is this a pain to do? Also in the front where the studs are sticking out, I assume these are sheared off. Can I use vice grips to back them out or are the bolts fiberglassed in?

TIA
How is this project coming along? I had a sheared off grate on a 99GSXL as well, bought it on the cheap and it was a bit of work but possible. Clamp on a set if vices and thread them out, shouldnt be any issue with removing the through-hull bolts. I can share some pics in PM, if you want/need ideas.

What year make and model there was a recall on pump shoe leaks and the brass inserts pulling thru.contact sea doo maybe get parts for free at least
Not sure I will check. The pump support has been a PITA to find. I was able to find someone to pull it off their parts ski for me and should be in the mail today.

Not sure I will check. The pump support has been a PITA to find. I was able to find someone to pull it off their parts ski for me and should be in the mail today.
Luckily, with some marine sealant, i like 3M, the replacement/install is easy. Just takes time!

We’ll now the part that was supposed to be on its way to me was broken before he shipped it. On the hunt for another. Can’t find one anywhere.
If you can confirm the pump shoe fitment and all the models that it can be scavenged from, i can tackle a “part-out” sale in my area when i see one.

If you can confirm the pump shoe fitment and all the models that it can be scavenged from, i can tackle a “part-out” sale in my area when i see one.
Im still on the hunt for one. If you end up finding one please let me know. It’s only on a 99 GSXL and is the part number 271000954 and no other part number will fit properly.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back