1999 GSX Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingi017

I just purchased a '99 GSX LTD and was wondering what are the key components that anyone that has had one would replace being a 24 year old machine. I know about changing the fuel lines and spark plugs and wires of course, and the carbon seal, starter, starter relay , rectifier, etc as i have experience with the GS but i know this is a tad bit different. Anyone that has experience with them feel free to chime in and bless me with your knowledge. coming from a 2021 I dont miss breaking down like i used to with my 98 GS.

Sounds Good to me. Any good place you can send me to like a video to show how to clean the rave valves?
Correctly! lol.

Sounds Good to me. Any good place you can send me to like a video to show how to clean the rave valves?
Correctly! lol.
Go to Youtube, there are several good vids! Also get the repair manual and parts manual for your ski, they are free on the web.

Hell yeah! also what performance parts can I do to these. I know you can change the head , exhaust and carbs. Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to find the head and what carbs would be best ones to put on?

Better do your homework before modifying. 951s are pretty high strung. Other manufacturers needed three cylinders to get this much horsepower. I think that GSX is about 75 pounds lighter than your RX… With 20 more horsepower.
Add counter balance shaft to your TO DO list.

I have an R&D Head for the 951. $100 + shipping.

Attachments

• 951 Engine Head R and D (13).JPEG
    951 Engine Head R and D (13).JPEG
    418.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 951 Engine Head R and D (14).JPEG
    951 Engine Head R and D (14).JPEG
    390.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 951 Engine Head R and D (15).JPEG
    951 Engine Head R and D (15).JPEG
    392.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 951 Engine Head R and D (16).JPEG
    951 Engine Head R and D (16).JPEG
    431.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 951 Engine Head R and D (17).JPEG
    951 Engine Head R and D (17).JPEG
    406.3 KB · Views: 8
Keep it stock.for little gains its not worth the headache.get a trim rod bellow and a trim fixit kit.get a new fuel valve get new bailer tube orings rebuild pump and wear ring also.go thru fuel system pull the tank also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back