98 gsx limited impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmiller412

Just picked up a 1998 GSX Limited. Looking for an impeller that will increase acceleration and top end. A few people have recommended Solas impeller. What's the best pitch to go with? Any other things I need to be aware of when selecting an impeller?
Thanks

There are two different 98 GSX Limited models. One of them is the 97.5 grey 5625 model "the grey ghost". Those skis are the only models ever to have a 155mm pump with the small hub so it's a rare impeller.

If it's the red and purple model I'd go with a Solas Concord 15/20.

Acceleration AND top speed?

a prop for any boat is like a car with a single speed transmission... you're going to have to pick one. You don't generally get both.

However, the Solas Concord 15/20 is what I run on my 951s.

There are two different 98 GSX Limited models. One of them is the 97.5 grey 5625 model "the grey ghost". Those skis are the only models ever to have a 155mm pump with the small hub so it's a rare impeller.

If it's the red and purple model I'd go with a Solas Concord 15/20.

Thank you. It's the red and purple one. Is there any other suggestions you have to make it a bit quicker?

I don't have any recorded proof, however this prop seems to allow the engine to spin up faster than the OEM prop, and not bog down as much when you hook backup. In rough water on the top end the OEM prop feels faster. Off the line this feels faster. In glass smooth water this is maybe a hair faster than OEM.

I believe you can get these for less than OEM. if your OEM prop is fine, I wouldn't take the time. If your OEM one is damaged, then I'd go Solas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back