98 gsx 781 engine cuts out after 20 min

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelcrighton

hi there guys ill tell you my story hehe bought seadoo just had rebuild top and bottom 1st run out after 20min hot ligh comes on and eng cuts out , 20min later start ok 5 min more same again so back to the shop , they thought injectors out they come and cleaned no go then coil no go again they have had it for 4 mnths and im hangin to get it fixed now sayin it might be the comp , it keeps dropping a cylinder then stops. before the rebuild it dropped a cylinder and ceased up , wer do i go from here thanks guys im in melb australia maybe try another comp wer can i get one to try or what else to look for the shop is outa ideas.

G,day mate.Sort of got what you were talking about but ,struth,it was really hard to understand what you wrote.Plezzzzzzzzzzze.The clearer the question,the clearer the answer

You should be checking your plugs, You must have a bad injector in that
cylinder for it to be going lean and siezing. Remove & clean your raves,
and look in those opening for piston skirt scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi talked to them again at the shop they had the injectors cleaned twice now. that was there 1st thought. still did the same thing . they have checked the faults, 1st time it said it was the coil but got a new coil and it didnt help now they say its the computer so what im after is a second hand one or someone that would let me borrow theirs :) to see if that would fix it. where can i buy a second hand one in melbourne and who has parts for these things in melb is there a seadoo wreckers and how much am i looking at. the shop said something like $2000 for a newcomputer one. read my 1st log and sorry yes it was abit hard to understand. thanks guys

Get your ski, buy a compression tester from an auto parts store, and get the readings. If your around 120-160lb, then your motor is good, but if they are around 10% difference, then the motor is not looking godd.

After compression reading, and you find the readinga are acceptable, hook hose to it, and fire it up, and see if you see a "stream" of water out the back, tell-tale. If not, start going over yuor cooling system. If so, then re-check your "RAVES"..(black cap on motors), make sure they move smoothly. IF all is good, then disconnect the temp sensor on top of motor, and try your ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back