97 XP Wont Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SJMAN

Hi, I have a 1997 xp took it out yesterday ran for about 10mins then turned it off to change riders and would not start again

Has a fully rebuilt carbs spark, full tank of gas but will not fire, turns over perfectly but just wont run

Any help would be great thanks

Fire?

Hi, I have a 1997 xp took it out yesterday ran for about 10mins then turned it off to change riders and would not start again

Has a fully rebuilt carbs spark, full tank of gas but will not fire, turns over perfectly but just wont run

Any help would be great thanks

You said it had fire. Can I assume you are talking about spark at the plugs? If you know you have spark at the plugs, then the way you troubleshoot this is by going backwards from what you last done. By your statement, that's the carb rebuild.

Did you do a pop off test when you rebuilt them? If not, then it's totally possible that you have to high a pop off, which is limiting your ability to get enough vacuum to open the needle valve, getting the engine to start.

Take the plugs out and pour a coke bottle cap full of "weedeater" gas in each plug. Now, try to start it. If it starts and runs for a few seconds then dies, it's the carbs......

Put some fuel into the spark plug holes and it fired up then stop.

I started it again it ran, and keeps running now.

Any ideas to what the problem may have been because it seems to run fine now

Back