97 XL throttle issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

allg32

Ok I am having some issues getting this rig to run correctly. I have changed fuel lines rebuilt carbs trimmed plug wires. It start just fine on the trailer and in the water but I have to play with the throttle to get it to run wide open on the trailer and in the water WOT i will get you around at a fast idle and that's all. I have to feather the throttle to get it to do that too.
Rectifier issue? I can check the battery voltage and it's bout 12.8 and when I get it to run wide open on the trailer it still reads 12.8. I bought this as a non running ski so I knew there were issues. The guy told me he rebuilt the carbs but it would just run wide open when he started it and that's exactly what I found when I got it started so I redid the carbs myself. Just not sure what I am missing. I do know the accelerator pump isn't working so could this be part of the issue. I thought that was only for WOT from a standstill to help get the fuel tonit. Any help or ideas are appreciates

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like accelerator pump. That's it's job. Gives a big Squirt when taking off from stop. Pretty sure accelerator pump doesn't do anything but that. not while maintaining high or low rpm just for initial throttle opening each time

When my accelerator pump wasn't working on my fresh rebuilt carb I would mash the throttle and it would almost die, then take off. To take off over a wake I had to really time when I mash the throttle

well that was my thought as well but I putted around the lake today at a blazing high speed crawl. WOT was just a fast idle, no speed no high rpms. I almost think I can swim faster than that. Im trying to post a video of it on the trailer and you can hear rpm's going up but i get none of that on the water

Did you replace fuel selector switch? It's sounds like you may have two issues. You definitely have one if your a-pump is not working. The other sounds like you may be drawing air which the fuel selector valve is notorious for.

Did you replace fuel selector switch? It's sounds like you may have two issues. You definitely have one if your a-pump is not working. The other sounds like you may be drawing air which the fuel selector valve is notorious for.

I cleaned it but did not replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back