97 SPX water in engine????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD46

I just bought a SPX that belonged to a buddy of mine and i rode last season.... He just got it out for the summer and said the engine was locked up, so i bought it cheap! anyway i brought it home and pulled the plugs and it spun over very good other than covering me and half the shop with grey goo! it seems the more i spin it the more that is there! every time i put the plugs in it just hydro locks. is there any way to get the water out??? I also pulled the carbs to clean them (they were in suprisingly good cond.) and the small hose that connects to the block from the carb is also "spitting" the same grey fluid. (I am assuming that it is water and oil mixed??)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

97 spx

Whats up man,

My ski did the same thing, i sunk mine out on the lake due to a hose busting and water completley submerged my engine while i was riding and didn't know it until it reached the carbs.

For my fix, i took the plugs out and spun the engine over repeativly until most of the grey goo is gone. Once the majority of the oil/water mix is gone, i poured just a little (like a teaspoon or so), of gas into the cylinders through the sparkplug holes, and another teaspoon directly into the carbs, and then fired it up.

You can also leave the sparkplugs just a hair loose before you crank it, that way the oil/water mix can blow past the plugs.

Once you get it running, get it to the lake asap and ride it cause water in the crankcase can start rusting things in 24 hours or so. Riding it will get the right air-fuel-oil mixture in all the crannies of the bottom end.

Hope this helps a little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back