97 SPX - No beeps from Lanyard, no power to gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run voltage from a battery, with test leads, through the wiring harness where the MPEM plugs into it to the beeper, and the beeper works.

As stated in the first post, the beeper is new! It is from OSD Marine. I tested it and it works.

I have opened the gray box and checked every connection inside, measured resistance through the wiring harness and get .2 ohms from the MPEM connection to the harness end where the beeper would plug in.

I think that rules out the wiring harness.

Is the best way to verify the MPEM is putting out a signal to the beeper to use an oscilloscope?

I have run voltage from a battery, with test leads, through the wiring harness where the MPEM plugs into it to the beeper, and the beeper works.

As stated in the first post, the beeper is new! It is from OSD Marine. I tested it and it works.

I have opened the gray box and checked every connection inside, measured resistance through the wiring harness and get .2 ohms from the MPEM connection to the harness end where the beeper would plug in.

I think that rules out the wiring harness.

Is the best way to verify the MPEM is putting out a signal to the beeper to use an oscilloscope?
As I own an RXDI....I don't know the specifics of your model so moving forward is there a possibility to buy a used mpem ?
Are they cheap second hand ?

I am looking into that now. I wish I had a friend with the same ski, I could try my MPEM in their ski and see if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back