97 speedster trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

irvinibob

HI everybody, this is my first post. Just like to say thanks before hand for any kinda help or information. The boat has been on the lake twice this year and ran fine. This last weekend though my starboard engine gave me some trouble. Started fine at first but then ran rough at idle. Ran across the lake at 6000 rpm fine. After shutting down it didn't want to start. Changed the spark plugs and it started but ran rough at idle. After shutting down again, it wouldn't start again. After sitting for awhile, I cleaned end of spark plug wire and it end up starting. Headed back to the dock and on the way I cranked it up over 6000 rpm again and it died. I did start back up and got me back to the dock but just doesn't seam to be running right. Even started up on trailer to flush water out, just running rough. Any thoughts or Ideas would be much appreciated. I am no mechanic at all and I dont know where to begin.

do compression test, if good, then cut the plug wires at boots' ends', then re-attach boots. If still problem, then i'd go thru carbs and check the red cables and ground cable for breakage at terminals and corrosion. Once do these, see if better if not, re-post, and forum will try other possibilities.:cheers:

I have done compression test. I Think I did it right and it is about 160 psi. I tried taking the boot off the plug wire with no luck. Im afraid if I cut it I wont understand how to reattach the boot. Can I just buy new wires at the auto store? Thanx so much for the quick response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back