97 speedster mixed oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. My friend accidentally put tcw3 in my speedster. And I know with these boats call for the tc api.

How bad is it to run the tcw3.

How bad is it to run it if they got mixed ? I had prob a quart still in the tank when 2 quarts of tcw3 was added.

Mixing TC-w3 and API-tc oils can be very bad. I've seen them gel... and I've seen them have "Stuff" fall out of solution.

If it was my boat... that tank, and the entire oil system would get drained, and flushed... and I would make your buddy buy a couple gallons of the right stuff.

What if there was a bit of api left in. And then rode for like 10 min. I’m thinking it wouldn’t have mixed up enough. So that I can still just drain the oil but not flush it.

Is it hard to do a full flush ?

You can roll the dice if you want. You may get lucky. But for me... it's not worth the price of an engine.

Pull the hoses off the lower RV on both engines... and let it drain. Remove the hoses from the oil pumps, and let it drain. Use some kerosene to flush out the tank. Replace the filters. Hook the hoses back up. Fill tank. Bleed oil pumps.

The one thing you have to understand is... the TC-w3 oil isn't an instant death to the engine... but it can't support the HP/L of a Rotax engine. The real issue is the mixing of the types of oils. It's bad to mix any 2-stroke oils... but the 2 classifications are polar opposites, and can have very ugly chemical reactions that can cause issues.

Ok so I don’t need to flush anything beyond the oil system then.

Can you give me a more in depth explanation. What and where is the rv line

Is it easy to d while on a hoist.

What and how would I bleed the pumps

And after flushing with kerosene do I need to make sure all the kerosene is dry and out of the tank before running ?

Where are the oil filters ?

That oil is wrong and will not work. Anything that says TCW-3 on the label is wrong, just like in your picture.

It is an absolute lie that it will work for API-tc applications. It's chemically impossible, since the "Greenies" (EPA) took out all the metal salts out of the API-tc (or JASO-F) oils that may harm fish. All additives in a TC-w3 have to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back