97 seadoo XP troubles. help!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPassarelli

to catch everyone up, i bought a rebuild engine a month or so ago, tossed her in a few weeks ago and it ran like crap cause the carbs were pretty dirty.. so i had the carbs professionally rebuilt and i had the chance of running the ski this weekend. here are my problems.

day one:
jet ski seemed to be running great, running high 55-58 MPH all afternoon, but later in the day it began to seem to not want to start as much, it would clunk a couple of times before it free'd up and turned over and fired.. other than that it was great.. but now for my real problem..

day two:
went out to start the ski in the morning and got the clunking and no turning over.. figured it was the battery was dead.. charged it, same thing, just clunking. so i thought i would just pull the plugs, take a look see and i saw some moisture on them.. odd.. then i cranked it over without the plugs in and it shot hella loads of water out of the cylinders.. not good... so i cranked and cranked until no water was left in them and cleaned plugs etc.. finally got her started and running.. after that it ran fine all afternoon.. but as the afternoon continued, it took longer and longer to crank before it started.. once it did, it was great...

so two problems... the clunking noise and engine not spinning freely? and the obvious problem.. the water in the cylinders!? im thinking maybe the head gasket is blown? any thoughts or ideas of things for me to look at would be appreciated. thanks

MP

when it is running check to see of the exhaust pipe underside where those " dimples " are. It may be shooting water out all over the place and getting into the carbs thus into your motor.

clunking noise, engine not spinning free...etc, all could be contributed to water in motor.

Relay could be going, starter could be going, a bad gasket (somewhere), allowing water in motor, is the boat leaking, and you not knowing, which then the water is being injested thru the intake?, Is the front ebox dry....

its definitely possible the ski is getting water in through in the intake, in the beginning of the first day it ran awesome, spun freely whenever we started it, but as the day went on, we started beating on her pretty good, falling off all the time, which i guess could have ingested some water then, because as the day went on, it started harder and harder... engine is "supposedly" freshly rebuilt from a jet ski shop, thats what the guy told me when i bought it from him, it runs very strong, right around 60mph so i believe him, thats why im ruling out a gasket. as for water in the ski, their is basically none. just a little in the bottom of the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back