97 seadoo gsx help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korkel

ok i have been fighting this for a awhile now i need some help..

The ski ran great till we flipped it...got it back over and it died as soon as i flipped it back. when i got home i saw the negative to the battery was ripped off due to the battery not being secured down. fixed it started it no probs...next time out we didnt charge it so i tryed to "jump it" i know flame me for doing that but im a noob and didnt read the "dont do that you idiot sticker.." so we fried the starter. now that is replaced and the very first time trying to start it it sounded like a backfire/thump and shot oil out of the exhaust about 20-30 feet. now im not getting a spark to either cylinder. (pulled out the plug held it at an angle against the head and nothing) the starter kicks over no prob just no spark...what parts did i fry or is there something im overlooking?

Start by reading your shop manual cover to cover, then check the fuses, rear e-box
and mpem.

i have read, i have checked all of the fuses in the front and the rear. how do you "test" the mpem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back