97 gtx ride plate help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingbucks

I had a rope get tangled around shaft behind intake grate. Like an idiot I tried to remove the ride plate before trying to fish out the rope first. After realizing I could get rope out through the grate, I had already gotten ride plate somewhat loose mostly on the rear. I never forced anything but after reading I see there's adhesive holding it on. My question:. Did I do any damage to seal? Do I just have to see if it cavatates when I take it out again? If not, am I good? I put the 6 screws back in and tightened it down. I definitely didn't separate the seal but I did hear some cracking. I saw two spots of adhesive where the ride plate contacted the hull in the front. I did break those but didn't go any further. Any advice is most appreciated. I'm new to seadoos but consider myself fairly decent at diy stuff. Just googled on this one.

Are we talking the intake grate or the flat wide ride plate? Either way you should pull it off and reseal since those bolts can leak into the hull. The sealant is just permatex Ultra Black RTV available at any auto parts store.

Are we talking the intake grate or the flat wide ride plate? Either way you should pull it off and reseal since those bolts can leak into the hull. The sealant is just permatex Ultra Black RTV available at any auto parts store.
I'm talking about the big black ride plate with 6 bolts. I never could get it off. That's the problem.

They aren’t easy. If you didn’t get it off I would probably just put some silicone on the bolts and tighten them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back