97 GTX no start...fuel delivery??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

I just got to both carb filters and BOTH are CLEAN. going to soak them and clean still but ARGH this is frustrating me!

is there anything else I should look for while I have the carbs dismantled??? How "clean" should they be?

:(:(:confused::confused:

Cleaner the better. I treat carbs like a patient in surgery. You want it clean enough that if you wanted to lick the carb you could.

OK. Guess I'll just take my time this weekend and clean them REAL REAL REAL good. Thinking about going ahead and buying rebuild kits even though they were recently rebuilt...

Make sure the needle and seat are replaced along with the spring. Very important!!!

After reassembly double check the O ring on the fuel filter by the selector valve. You would be suprised at how something so small would give such a big headache.

Make sure the needle and seat are replaced along with the spring. Very important!!!

After reassembly double check the O ring on the fuel filter by the selector valve. You would be suprised at how something so small would give such a big headache.

Thanks! Will check everything tomorrow evening. Rebuilding the carbs this afternoon then girlfriends making me do a date night :rolleyes: since all i wanna do these days is work on the ski! haha. so Saturday I'll be attempting everything again. Also having my battery load tested and trimming a 1/4" off plug wires just incase

Thanks! Will check everything tomorrow evening. Rebuilding the carbs this afternoon then girlfriends making me do a date night :rolleyes: since all i wanna do these days is work on the ski! haha. so Saturday I'll be attempting everything again. Also having my battery load tested and trimming a 1/4" off plug wires just incase

Date nite? Tell the old lady tonights date is very special your gonna let her do the laundry and dishes while you rebuild the carbs. And if shes real good, later in the evenig after your done with the ski you might allow her to get lucky.

:reddevil:

OK...so rebuilt both carbs and got everything back on....still nothing...
went to confirm I was getting spark and no spark. BUT the wire DID shock the CRAP outta me! so juice was flowing through it but no spark at all on either...

gettin REAL frustrated with all this! such a nice hull and so much time and effort put in and basically new engine!!!! ARGH!!! just sold my second truck so I'm about to just go buy my own and tell my girlfriend's mom to take it to a mechanic if she wants it running! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back