97 gtx has no spark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg12

I have just replaced the mpem,no more fuses blowing,put in a brand new battery,plugs,and all fuses,I get two beeps when I connect the lanyard,and it will turn over with starter engaged till i drain the battery but can not get it to spark and fire up.Any help what so ever would be greatly apreciated,thanks in advance.
kelly

Im having trounle understandig your post..are you saying you have no spark at all, or that it wont (fire) up when you try to start it..if you are saying you have no spark at all how do you know ....what did you do to test it

Also if the mpem was bad... i assume you can still crank the ski but it dissables spark correct? Maybe the plugs are fuel soaked and/or fouled?
I would throw a new set of plugs in it...and as stated earlier.. have you actually checked for spark?

birks

Also if the mpem was bad... i assume you can still crank the ski but it dissables spark correct? Maybe the plugs are fuel soaked and/or fouled?
I would throw a new set of plugs in it...and as stated earlier.. have you actually checked for spark?

yes the plugs were fuel soaked,i dried them and replaced them,the ski cramks forever,well till i drain the battery,but i get no spark out of the plugs,any help is better than anything

How are you checking for spark? And easy test is to pull a wire off the plug, insert a screwdriver in the socket, place the screwdriver in close proximity to the block and crank the engine. You should have a spark from the screwdriver shaft to the block. Just be careful to not touch the screwdriver with your bare hands, or you will know what "jolted" really means. If still no spark, it could be the coil, which, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is in the econn box.

I second that. I have a similar Canadian version that only costed 3 bucks on sale! Just for the hell of it, id take the plug boots off and cut the wire back 1/8'' and re-install just to be sure you have a good connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back