97 GTX Carb Rebuild - Re-installing the carbs on engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeeriejoe

I see tons of videos on how to REMOVE the carbs, then of course videos plus the very detailed thread here on how to rebuild the carbs themselves. What I don't see anywhere are instructions on how to re-install. Specifically what I am looking for is if there are specific adjustments/testing I need to do on all the cables/lines that get re-connected when putting them back on.

I haven't started the project yet but want to line up all of my resources before I start because I am anal like that :)

So you'll assembly the hoses on top of the carbs before installation. Then install the carbs on the intake manifold. I usually connect the throttle and oil pump cable before I install the carbs. After you tighten the carbs you'll have to look down the throat of each carb to make sure the butterfly is open the same amount on each carb. This adjustment is made on the linkage rod. You don't want one carb open more than the other. Be sure there is sufficient slack in the throttle and make sure the butterflies are opening all the way. Adjust the choke linkage so it has a little slack as well and make sure it closes all the way. Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back