97 GSX ignition problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they have to be programmed to the MPEM. You can send your MPEM to @Minnetonka4me (Nick at Westside Powersports) and he can test your MPEM and program a new key. I want to say it's $80 but he will confirm.

Ok...played around with a few things this evening and found some potential culprits. I opened the rear electrical box to check 15 amp fuse, found a bare spot on hot cable coming from battery to box where it had been rubbing on the spark arrestor box. Don’t know if it being plastic has caused any issues but hey worth finding to fix it. Fuse was good and box was dry and clean but did notice that the coil had some corrosion on both ends particularly around the 4 wires on bottom which I’m pretty sure those are ground wires. Cleaned them and both post on the coil where it attaches to the housing. Also went ahead and cleaned hot cables on solenoid while there as well. Now interesting thing is...prior to opening the rear electrical box, nothing worked when attaching laynard to DESS post. As soon as I did all this everything powered up and busted right off without even a choke. Still no buzzer so I will replace that for sure next. Any thoughts that might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back