96 XP wont break a plane/2.5k RPM and just shakes violently

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyD

I have an issue with my ski that I can't seem to figure out. It idles fine but it won't break 2-2.5k rpms. The motor just bogs and shakes violently. I first encountered this issue after breaking my front motor mount and ovaling out the carbon seal. Replaced the carbon seal and I was good for a few weeks. Then one morning the same bog/shake came back. Couldnt break a plane or 2.5k rpm. I noticed the mag rave was sticking open and closed so I thought it was related to the rave housings being worn out since they are perfectly clean. I would free it up and continue riding as normal. Last weekend I swapped all rave components out from one of my other 787s and the ski ran the best it's ran all season. I was pulling 7-7150k rpm when I usually only hit 6950.*** I took the ski out today and of course it just bogged and shaked again. Pulled the raves and they are perfectly clean still. Tinkered with them a little bit and got the ski running great for a few minutes until it randomly just cut out. Lost all electrical power it seemed, all lights instantly cut out. Started right back up and ran great but it was throwing a low oil and low fuel light randomly when they both weren't low. Kept riding back towards my destination and kept losing power and started bogging/engine shaking again. Raves were free but stuck open at an idle. I couldn't work it out so I had to tow it back. I was thinking the rave slots in the cylinders were worn out since they do have some play and its an original engine but after the electrical issue I'm not sure. Any idea what's going on here? Thanks in advance!

Well of course I'll do that, I guess the real question is do these seem related? Thanks for the response tho

Unplug red wire on rectifier. It is in front electrical box. Has 3 yellow wires, and one red. The one red once disconnected will isolate it from circuit and if the ski runs like a top with red wire disconnected you need to replace the rectifier. 2 - 10mm nuts and 4 wires to plug in really simple.

NOTE: with rectifier out of circuit battery will not be being charged. You will be running solely on what battery has for at most an hour.

I am thinking it could be.
If you lose ground then I am not really sure how that would affect the rectifier,Stator, MPEM or other Electrical components.
All would/could affect the performance of the ski.

Sounds like rectifier to me as well. I just went through the "exact" same issue. Replaced rectifier and it is running awesome. Another big THANKS to the guys on this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back