96 XP Waterlocked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little confused about what racer said aboutthe mag side rave..."The mag side you'll need to disassemble. But, just take the spring off around the bellow, then slip the bellow downward and spin the black cap off, then remove the housing. DON'T REMOVE THE BELLOW."

Isn't the black thing on top the bellow that I took the spring off of? Not sure what to look for on the PTO side but here it is.
IMG_3916.jpg

I took the spring off but not sure what to do now.
IMG_3918.jpgIMG_3919.jpg

The blacl part on top is just the cap. The bellow is the rubber part that the spring holds to the other black plastic part.

While pump is off check your vts boot on back for cracks or rips and suppleness. If its damaged or crunchy, replace it or might need trim box soon. make sure you dont lose the rubber bumper on end of driveshaft. Theres also one on front of driveshaft where it goes in pto

Look at the base of the rubber bellow, check it on the housing, look in thru the end.
Thanks racer

While pump is off check your vts boot on back for cracks or rips and suppleness. If its damaged or crunchy, replace it or might need trim box soon. make sure you dont lose the rubber bumper on end of driveshaft. Theres also one on front of driveshaft where it goes in pto
Is it the thing that looks like a CV shaft boot? I am glad you mentioned the rubber bumper on the end of the drive shaft. I forgot it was on the end.

Look what came in the mail today...Thanks Matt! I can't wait to get it on the water tomorrow! I will have the silicone on it in just a little while to plug the bailer holes. Will it have dried in time to run it tomorrow?
IMG_3925.jpg

OK, so I got the cap off and this is what the bellow looks like just sitting there. It seems really flimsy.
IMG_3926.jpgIMG_3927.jpg

Glad you mentioned to check the boot, Paul. It is cracked and brittle.
IMG_3932.jpg

I kinda figured that. I will just replace it all. Racer, did you say that you have your red caps on raves flush with the cap? Mine is screwed way in.

I didn't see them at first and thought they were right under the bellow, but come to find out they are the first thing slid over the shaft before it slides into housing. Although I only checked the PTO side so far...I will unscrew the mag side and see if there is one there. That's the one spittin' the juice onto the engine.

Do y’all put the foam ring for the pump sticky side towards the pump or does it matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a small o-ring. Maybe 1/8 of an inch wide? Atleast thats how my skat trak is. Dont know if they changed design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back