96 speedster, neither engine will turn over..other electronics work though

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas?

I’ve been working on replacing all fuel lines, fuel filters, rebuilt all 4 carbs, fixed gas gauge, tightened throttle cables, replaced both fuel control valves, replaced both oil pumps to get injection system working, replaced bilge pump, replaced both wear rings and changed pump oil. Still in the process of replacing both carbon ring kits...
Got the lights working by replacing the fuse and changed the rear compartment struts so it stays open.
That is about all I’ve done that I can think of.

I also cleaned out both keys with baking soda because it would intermittently not turn on or turn over when using the key

Now with the pumps off, driveshafts removed as well as the carbon rings/bellows pulled off, neither engine will turn over when I push the start buttons?

Gauges light up, bilge, fan and lights work but she won’t crank.

Any suggestions or things to check for would be much appreciated.
I’ll go double check fuses but if you guys have any other advice I’ll go try that too.

Thanks so much

Donnie

Also, I don’t think there are any beeps and the beeper was working before I parked it 3-4 weeks ago.
Will try cleaning the post and lanyard really good with soap and water and check the fuses again

Ok so I checked all the fuses in the front fuse box, cleaned lanyard and post and still could not get even a beep although all other electrical accessories worked. One odd thing is that when I pull the 3 amp bilge pump fuse and reinstall, the pump turns on. There is a very small amount of moisture down there by the old sensor. When I unplug the weather pack connector at the bilge pump itself then replug it back in, it will stay off and work fine using the manual bilge switch on the dash.
The fuse panel calls for a 3 amp fuse and the pump I have says 5 amp fuse.

I bought an automatic battery charger, pulled both new this season batteries and topped off with water. One of them is charging overnight and I’ll go switch the charger to the other battery in the morning.

Neither engine would turn over of course either after lanyard/post cleaning.

Ok so I thought that was it.

Now it won’t crank again. All accessories work, all fuses good. Batteries tested good and charged at Oreillys then retested good.

Jumped neutral safety switch leads together. Jumped start button wires together.

Cleaned all ground points really well with wire brush on a drill.

It will bump over if I jump the solenoids.

No beeps but key makes enough connection to get accessories, bilge, fan and lights to work. Batteries show over 12 volts.

Any more suggestions to try so I can get this thing to crank over? Neither engine will turn over.

Thank you guys I should be almost there. Have tried to do this right and I’m so bummed out that now it has an issue it didn’t when I started and I haven’t even messed with the ignition.

It would intermittently not crank over out on the lake or when launching but it would always turn over and start right up after 3-10 tries of pulling the key on and off the dess post. I’ve cleaned, sanded and cleaned the key and post and still no 2 beeps and no crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back