96 Seadoo XP 787 Starts great and idles fine but bogs down and won't go fast

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ruled out the fuel issue it's still not going fast just about a 1/4 throttle but it starts in a second and idles nice. Hopefully the rectifier will be the fix.

Does it have a popping sensation at all? Mine pops out the carbs so bad after 1/4 throttle you can feel it in the seat. Runs so so till its warm then wont rev higher than part throttle. Done fuel system, all electrical components, and still no luck. I feel your pain man.

We'll I got the rectifier in the mail yesterday and didn't have time to put it in so today I got it in and took it out for a test drive. started up no problem and ran great slowly out of the marina go to the lake and tried to open r up and still has the same issue. But I did notice that in the fuse box there's a black box that isn't stock and it looks like a plug and play by pass thing and has a white wire going back to the engine somewhere so I'm thinking that is probly whats acting up. It's an aftermarket sensor for the water to pass through coming from the exhaust and connected to a few other places and has a new hose for the water to come out the back of the Seadoo instead of the little black one by the tow loop

So guys I figured out what the problem was... The aftermarket pipe on the Seadoo "koffman" has jets in the water lines and it was tuned for cold Great Lake temperatures... Also the solenoid was working intermittently and therefore the exhaust what heating up like crazy and melting the rear exhaust hose.

New pipe, jetting and new solenoid was the fix.

I ended up taking it to Ryan at JetX Powersports and looks like his experience paid off!

Thanks for all the posts guys!

Hi can you please explain what pipe are you talking about have the same problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well you never mentioned any mods done to this Doo when asking your questions. That would have changed a lot of the answers

Congrats on getting it running!

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

so I know this was a long time ago, I already sent Adam a message. This exact same thing just happened to me. I just bought a 1997 Sea Doo XP Saturday and took it out sunday for the first time and it was okay, not great for the first ten minutes...then I got stuck in the middle of the lake lol. Took forever to get back going 5MPH.

My one question is, how much is the cost for this fix? I don't have the time or resources to do it myself and have to take it in. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to spend on this? Thank you so much!

Thanks for the quick replies guys! . It's been running ams oil interceptor synthetic 2-stoke oil since the rebuil.
And do you think I need to replace the fuel selector or would I be okay to just give it a good cleaning ? Do they go on you is it just a might as well do it while the fuel lines are off kind of thing ?

Only use Sea-Doo 2 stroke synthetic. Drain, clean RAVE valves, re-fill to the full line

Rinse-Repeat as needed

Amsoil Interceptor is perfectly good oil. It’s an API-TC full synthetic just like what’s required.

Yes absolutely replace the selector with OEM don’t clean it and don’t buy Chinese junk, they both leak air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back