96 Sea-Doo XP project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

doc12

Hey, I am new to the forum and to Sea-Doos. I have been riding, building, modding snowmobiles for many years, and I want some summer 2 stroke fun! I have been reading and plan on purchasing a X4 hull with the 800 motor, probably in need of repair. Now I will not be rebuilding it stock, it will be modded and tweaked of course. My goals for this Doo are arm yanking bottom end, cornering like no other and serious jumping capability. I know in order to do these three things I will need to sacrifice top end, I would like 55 mph out of her with the stock 800.
I have read this thread and the 21 page X4 thread.
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?12059-96-seadoo-xp

Ok here are the ideas and questions.
There will be two stages in the build hull dialed in stock 800 motor and modded 951 motor.

If I really like it and am going to keep the Doo, I am thinking about a 951 conversion. In the X4 thread the link did not work, I would love to read it.
At what cost in weight will I be sacrificing? I know I will be adding 20 or more hp depending on the mods I do such as pipe, flame arrestors, jetting and timing.

What kinda of speed will this motor be able to push the Doo too?

Is there a bigger or more powerful pump to be used? At what cost?
Haven't heard of anyone doing this mod it was just an idea.

If I am going to do some impeller and nozzel upgrades for the overall purpose of the Doo hard corner to corner and hard acceleration/hook up. In planning on putting the bigger motor in later. I really need to understand how this works an explanation be great. What should I put in, will the stock 800 be able to push this well?

Sponsons, I don't want to lose top end or jumping capability, I will leave them stock if I have to. I think I will leave this to one of the last mods.

Trim tabs, if they really make a difference in chop performance this is really important for me. I will use the R/D 3 stage as recommended unless I can find some west coast, are they really that much better?

Weight I want to keep the Hull as lightweight as possible, is there any cheap and easy lightweight mods?

And here is my winter toy.
Sled had 149.6 miles when I tore it down to a bare chassis. Almost everything except the motor has been modded as I bought this sled because of the great reliability. I have $2000 in just suspension mods in it and can ride through 3' chop as fast as I am brave to ride it, also launch 20' through the air.
First ride on it after building. Trailered 3 hours north after only driving it .5 miles after building it and put 100 miles on it almost flawlessly.
122.jpg

Magazine Feature
123.jpg

A normal Picture of it
124.jpg

Doc1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back