RESTO 96 Sea-Doo gtx bogging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo96gtx

I just rebuilt the carbs and now having trouble with it running. It starts fine idles fine runs fine at high rpms. It goes to about 2500rpms then bogs down til you feather it to get it past 3000rpms. Once in the higher rpms it’s fine but have to be careful getting there. Is there something I missed? Mostly just sprayed the carb out and replaced gaskets didn’t take completely apart.

So I was just on the water. If I stab the throttle a couple times it comes right out of it with no issues. Ease into it it will bog almost killing it.

I just rebuilt the carbs and now having trouble with it running. It starts fine idles fine runs fine at high rpms. It goes to about 2500rpms then bogs down til you feather it to get it past 3000rpms. Once in the higher rpms it’s fine but have to be careful getting there. Is there something I missed? Mostly just sprayed the carb out and replaced gaskets didn’t take completely apart.

The carbs need to be perfect on these skis. You didn't accomplish much by spraying the carbs out and not disassembling, actually more harm to the rubber pieces internally if you used carb cleaner on it other than the bare carb barrel. You need to rebuild them with OEM kits and check the pop off on each carb. Pay attention to the low speed circuits, which would be the 4 small holes in the barrel, make shure they're clear and flowing well. Blow everything out with compressed air and use everything in the OEM kits except the spings. Make sure to also get new OEM needles/seats, and again check the pop psi. Set the carb low speed needles to stock settings, 1 turn out usually works well.

What is the idle rpm on the trailer? should be about 3K. In the water 1400 range to 1500 RPM is good.

Mine going in and out of reverse does not go far enough to get hooked like yours. Don’t know why or if it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back