96 gtx seadoo won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWannaRide

Hello everyone, thanks so much to you all for the help last time. So much appreciated. I of course have anoyher problem now. I just got done riding the gtx when I attempted to start it again an hour later it wouldnt start.

So there's several things I noticed but, not sure theyre related. When I attempted to start it, it barely made any noise. Thinking it was the battery, as its old, I got a new one and still the same thing. I triwd to start it twice, pressing the button for a second each time. When I disconnected the battery the connectors were burning hot. I had an extra solenoid I had purchased so I put that in, still nothing.

The last thing I should note is I took out the spark plugs, being nervous from water in the engine from a previous one and they looked fine, no evidence of water, and when attempting to start it then, nothing. Still the little sound from the solenoid in guessing. I'm guessing the starter maybe? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much you guys!

Well the hot cables would let me thing the starter COULD be the issue. If you can work a meter you could check the voltage at the starter. Let us know.

Did you jump the solenoid to see if it cranks? Certainly possible that you had a bad solenoid as an extra, unless you just took it off a ski it was starting... things can wear out even if they are sitting on a shelf if not in the right conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back