RESTO 96 GTX Project Shamu

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread! Turned out really nice. It's amazing what a ton of elbow grease will do.

Also, being that I'm from Texas - I noticed your TEXMILE license plate! Did you have a cool car those were on?

Great thread! Turned out really nice. It's amazing what a ton of elbow grease will do.

Also, being that I'm from Texas - I noticed your TEXMILE license plate! Did you have a cool car those were on?
Thanks I still love it. The plates are off my wife's MINIVAN ;) Nothing fancy. She is from Texas and lived in France for a year, so "Texas mademoiselle" is what it stands for.

It held up pretty well. But it is not as tough as I hoped. It has rubbed off some where it gets pulled up on the trailer bunks. And also when you beach it on anything but soft sand. But it was easy and it is really easy to touch up. So I don't regret it. And on the lake, who is looking at the bottom? Actually my disappointment is the hood wrap. It still looks great from 10 feet away, but it has pulled up some in the deep draw areas. There is a primer that I could have used, but I didn't know it was needed. It is not really bad, and all the edges are sealed, but I am kind of a perfectionist and it bugs me. Probably more since it looked almost perfect when it was first done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back