96 gtx odd problem! And 96 gti problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two GTXs 96 and 97. It's been an experience and we've been though a lot. I pulled my carbs at least 10 times between both skis. My first cure all for the carbs that have been rebuilt is an inspection and replacing the needle seat and spring with Genuine Mikuni parts. If you have fly by night parts in there... it ain't gonna work correctly. Gotta get the fuel to the carb to. Suggestions about fuel system checks are most important.

You're backfiring because your carbs are dumping too much fuel. I had a backfire so loud I was looking for something that was damaged in the ski. LOL

The backfire was very loud. I will check and re-check everything again and let you all know what the outcome is.

Thanks everyone!

Okay so I got the motor back in yesterday and have a major problem!
After I dropped the motor in I connected everything but the carbs. I hit the start button just to crank the motor fo a compression check. It turned over as it should. I released the start button to stop cranking and whe I went to turn it over again it locked up! I changed the battery, removed the jet pump, removed the starter and took off the RV plate and it is still locked up. What the hell could have caused this and why?

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back