96 GTX diode replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strokerridge92

Okay so I'm trying to replace my shorted diode in my mpem but have no idea where it is on the board to start scrapping the potting away. Can someone post a picture with an arrow or something and show where it is? Also any tips for getting the potting out would be good. This is on a 96 seadoo GTX

I haven't seen many people talk about doing it here. So I am not sure who knows. I would Google around some. But please follow up your post with details on what you did and if you were or were not successful.

Good Luck!

It's just to the side of the 5 amp fuse base, there's about 3/4" of space between them on the circuit leg that connects the diode to the fuse holder.

Heat your knife up and work away at the potting in that area, you'll find the top of it pretty quickly the diode is larger and taller than the other surrounding components on the board and the silver markings are pretty easy to spot.

Okay, so if I have he board laying so when your looking at it the 5 amp is on the left and he 15 is on the right with the skinny side of the board up to down and the long part left to right it would be to the left of the 5 amp then?

I have never had to do this so I can't be much help, however I can point you in the right direction. If you go down a few inches on this page you will see "Similar Threads", most of these threads have pictures, which should be of help.

Lou

So if anyone can point out on that crappy picture where it's at before I dig anything else out I don't need to thatd be great lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back