96 gsx no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstamm

Took ski out on river ran ok wouldn’t go over 6000 rpm decided to check my jets and clean power valves after doing so I put some gas in carb fired it up with hose running idled at 3000 rpms for a little bit then died out ski would not restart I had no spark tested my coil and replaced it I now have spark plugs were oil failed replaced those still now start tried a little more gas and it just kept cranking no start tested stator and that checked out only thing I noticed is ski doesn’t beep anymore when attaching lanyard don’t think that would cause it though because I’m getting power and spark p.s now I hear a thud and starter barely turns motor

Did you have the hose on with the engine off?

Did you install new genuine mikuni carb parts and check pop-off and leak down after the carbs went back together?

I thought running hose before starting it would cause the issue which I think I did start hose first.. I took valve cover off to make sure I wasn’t hydro locked up top... and at first no then I read the threads and put my old gaskets back in that we’re in ok shape I did not check pop off because I didn’t switch springs but I would think it would start by adding the fuel to my cylinders to eliminate a carb issue

So you did have the hose on with the engine off?
Did your engine get water in the cylinders?

After trying to crank for three second sometimes it would stop crank and then I would hear this whining noise like something was spinning compression is 150 btw

Sounds like your starer bendix isn't engaging all the time.

You have compression and you have added fuel so you are missing spark to fire. Have you checked for spark and tried new spark plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back