951cc bogging issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukemonday

Ok so I have a 2001 gtx with the 951cc direct injection. I’ve been having some issues with it running right. When it’s on the trailer and I run it with the hose hooked up it seems to run fine. When I put it in the water it will usually run good for a couple minutes then bog down. I have to feather the throttle about 25% to keep it running for a little bit but then it will shut off and I can’t get it to crank again. Has anyone else had this issue or something like it. I need idea. On what to start working on. I’m thinking I might replace the fuel pump and see if that does the trick. Or could it possibly be an air filter? Any help is appreciated.

One added piece of information: I put a replacement valve spring on one of the cylinders. Could this being off spec cause this problem?

I assume you mean the RAVE valve spring and no that will not cause your issue.

If it is bogging down and losing power it sounds like a fuel issue. I would also check the compression to rule out a mechanical issue.

And no. you can't just replace the fuel pump as the aftermarket ones are junk and will not fix the issue.

Your best fet for the fuel pump is to remove it and replace the fuel filters and run the pump in a bucket with a 50%x50% mix of gasoline and toluene to clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back