951 to 995 Fullbore Rebuild!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drum roll please............!!!!!!

LOL I am very very happy to report the Project Rumble Bee is complete. Big Big Big thanks to the guys at Havasu Watercraft especially Brandon and Austin, these guys deserve a proper plug so: Jet Ski Repair, Escondido, CA here you go. They went through absolutely everything, and found numerous little things that were all contributing to the problem. No air leaks, just an entire fuel delivery system full of bottlenecks, most embarrassingly so, an incorrect main in the the PTO carb. Not sure how that happened lol (oops) PSA make sure you don't mix up you jetting. Anyway they spent a good amount of time tuning it on the h20 today. I am beyond happy with the end product, I did a couple wot pulls ski held at about 7k rpm. Havasu Watercraft confidently believes there is another 250rpm in it, but no need rather safe than sorry. ski is as responsive as a sport bike and pulls really really F****** Hard, never experienced that before. I can now report that Fullbore Online hit their mark, well done. And a very big thank you to all the feedback, help and support you guys provided. I've learned so much about these things from this forum, and truly enjoy the hobby. I guess I will set my eyes on my gsx next.

Just when I was approaching the finish line, A friend called to let me know he found this in the back of a shop....I'm going to need a gofundme account!

Attachments

• 20180403_150613.jpg
    20180403_150613.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 72
Sorry boys, I've claimed it! Picking up tomorrow, I do have an oem one for sale if anyone interested lol.

Fro
Bro who makes that
I want one too
From what I was told this is the only one ever built as it was a custom build for a racer some time ago now I did do some research on it and there was a company called "ATM" that produced a handful of the carbon fiber goods for the XPL, but this is a different build. The ATM one (and the only one I've found) was sold (I think through this forum) for about $800 back in 2009. I'm going to attempt an install this weekend and will let you know if I come across a serial number or some more info. the thing is super light and rigid.

1. pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=456092

I don’t think I would be working under those without some earthquake strapping here in California. We just had a 5.0 here yesterday.

seadooforum.com/threads/atm-carbon-fiber-engine-cover-hood-sea-doo-xp-xpl.14446/

this is the link to the one I was talking about

I don’t think I would be working under those without some earthquake strapping here in California. We just had a 5.0 here yesterday.
I know, pissed we didn't even get a treble down here. theres no rush like a quick shot of adrenaline from a quake!

Well I have carbon rear hatches but I don't have that piece. Just paid off my credit card too (but then I bought a mint race X4 yesterday, but then I sold it to a member here an hour later lol). I'm dangerous when my credit card is paid off. If I see a way to make one of my keepers better I'm pulling the trigger.

Hey @Mbraley there is got to be a company that can manufacture the carbon fiber hood. Back in the days in the early 80’s I sent my steel factory hood for my 72’ GTO to this company Called fiber glass unlimited. They use my hood to make a mold. It cost me almost grand back then.

I've got a great guy but he is WAY too popular and his love is in "freeride" skis not Seadoos. I wait and wait and wait and he kicks me about 1 part a year lol.

Zuminzax(member here) and I were going to have some nice cf parts made by the guy who did some aviation parts for him. I sent up nice clean parts and the poor fella past away! So my luck is not great when it comes to this stuff.

The problem is that the companies that can do it are busy and it doesn’t make sense for them to do new molds and tooling for small limited return items.

Well it wasn't easy to install, but it sure is pretty and who ever made this thing did their homework and took no shortcuts. Everything lined up perfectly, I initially tried to do it myself but wised up and took it into the shop. Of course mission creep set in, and decided to tackle the beach house sponsons at like 11pm....PITA!!! we got it done though, just need to button everything back up.

Side note, the upper fairing didn't include the two large holes for the dreamometer and tach, after some debating we decided to just mount the vts and fuel gauge, and will slap on a tiny tach for the time being until we can come up with something a little more "clever". does anyone have any good insight for a nice tach/display? Tiny techs are definitely functional but get a Doug Score of ZERO on styling!

20180410_201532.jpg

The hood is designed to sit flush to the hull, no hole for fuel neck. So the only real mod needed was to swap out the long furl neck with a short one, we used one from a FTC I believe.

20180407_104019.jpg

20180410_200503.jpg

this is the underside of the hood. 100% CF, you can see the slight indent they put in for the short fuel neck, they even did a nice CF air ram into the engine bay and the two intake hoses. Whoever made this hood, deserves an award.
20180407_104125.jpg

Last edited:
NOTHING about putting these in was fun, however a third hand, deep sockets packed with grease made it a little more tolerable. Also not a fan of the fender washers, they really kill the look but function>form in this case I guess. Any tips on filling the open hole? I have a solution, but this is a forum! Oh and yea, they are currently on the extreme setting because....well, I cant swim:cool:

20180411_010221.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back