951 Electronics - 12 volt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

marshef31

Does anyone know where you can get a constant 12v to energize an (correction) fuel pump on a Seadoo 951 RX once the lanyard is plugged in. I thought I could come off the hot side of the coil, but this doesn't work.

Last edited:
Tired of trying to figure out why the pulse operated pump won't produce enough fuel. Just need it to come on when the lanyard is plugged in or at least when the starter button is pressed. I think I may have found 12 volts going to the gauges once the lanyard is plugged in.

You do not want to run an electronic fuel pump. The carbs will not work that way.

The fuel pumps are very simple on these. Either the pump needs to be rebuilt, your pulse line is blocked or you have a problem in the supply line.

An aftermarket pump is not to solution.

Not to go into a long discussion. I own one and I asked for the pain, but I think the design along with Seadoo changing to DI realized the issues with a huge 2 stroke that gulps gas with bowless carburetors that leave absolutely no room for error. An electric fuel pump in my opinion gives you a little more reliability. There is no issue with how it runs with the electric pump, I just want it to come on like any other Seadoo that has one.

You are free to do what you want but these carbs and fuel pumps have absolutely no issues fueling these engines and ones even larger. The electric pump can actually cause a rich condition as it can provide too much fuel. It really is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

I'm obviously using a low pressure pump(1-2lb) and tested it off the engine to visually see the results. I surely wouldn't suggest putting some huge pump that makes the return look like a pressure washer. Sorry it doesn't fit the mold, but it's what I prefer. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back