951 DI Oil Check Valves Video

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am putting the 951 DI together. I tested the oil system check valves and all were leaking. 2 of them held no pressure and air free flowed in both directions. Valves were easily removable with my Vice-Grips and my homemade knocker. Grab the valve firmly but not excessively and a few gentle knocks and they came right out reusable if needed. I was able to get all of them working but only ONE to my satisfaction. I replaced the other TWO with new valves. A little loctite 609 and a slight tap and they went right in place.

I made this video of what I was doing to test them. I was able to flush them with KROIL and Lectra-Clean and blow them out with shop air to try and clear them of any debris. I cut one open to see how it worked. The spring was in good shape I guess the seat gets damaged over the years.

I may have gone a little overboard in replacing these but better safer for me. They were leaking down to zero after a 10 seconds or so but were popping at around 2psi the same pressure the new ones were popping. I don't know for sure that the oil being sent in at 2psi is atomizing but I think it would be and thus helping to disperse the oil more evenly inside the engine. My goal is to have no premature failures. :D YMMV

Last edited:
Had I not had issues of freeflow I likely would not have begun this process. Makes me wonder what is acceptable. It would be interesting to see these in operation with the lube pump running at 6k RPM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back