951 DI keeps blowing air compressor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Any ideas why the air compressor on my 2003 RXDI keeps going south, I am on 3rd rebuild. It runs great for about 5 hours then freezes up. My first thought is no oil but the ski is drinking oil and the main cylinders seem fine so I am assume the pump is working. I am going to change the oil lines and check valve, but when I pulled the old lines they were clear and no cracks. Is it possible that the pump is getting to the main chambers but not to the AC chamber, is it worth running a test on the oil pump? I have to pull the engine to replace air compressor and I am tired, otherwise this thing runs awesome!
file1-29.jpegfile-38.jpeg

I hate di's, as do my fellow techs.. I think most of them ( the skis), are in the bottom of lakes. There is a cooling line that comes from the exhaust pipe, and the return line that exits at the rear port side of the hull...perhaps it is not getting the cooling water, or more so, the exit line is plugged., it curls around under the motor,,,Just a thought.

For sure this ski has become the bane of my existence, but when it is running good man what a blast! I will definitely look at the cooling lines also, should I pull them and just make sure they are clear of debris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back