95 SPX bogging down, then not starting at all! HELP!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmanblues

OK, came across a wierd problem on my 1995 SPX, It started just fine, then when I tried to open it up it just didn't have any power, just bogged at a low speed. I changed the spark plugs and it ran great for about 10 mins, then started to lose power again. I stopped it, then waited for a little while and it wouldn't start up again. If fact it seemed like the battery power was down. I would press the start button for a like 2 seconds and it would try to start but wouldn't.

Also, I noticed a hole in the exaust that was spraying water all over the engine compartment, are there any components that would get fried and cause this wierd problem?

Well... wet electronics can cause an issue... but most of it is water tight.

The hole in the pipe is probably incidental. Clean the pipe... and weld it.

Your prob is either a plugged fuel system (do you have tempo hoses?) or it's overheating.

Well... wet electronics can cause an issue... but most of it is water tight.

The hole in the pipe is probably incidental. Clean the pipe... and weld it.

Your prob is either a plugged fuel system (do you have tempo hoses?) or it's overheating.

What are "tempo" hoses?

Could also be that the hole in the exhaust is also leaking fumes that are suffocating the engine. changing the plugs caused you to lift the seat and air out the hull.

Of coarse if the hole in the pipe is only on the water cooling circuit everything I just mentioned is completely irrelevant haha

What are "tempo" hoses?
The brand name of the factory fuel lines that BRP used. They are gray (and say TEMPO on them) and not resistant to the alcohol in Ethanol gas. The interior of the lines breaks down and clogs your fuel system. If you have them, replace them with standard black automotive fuel line before your carbs plug up, causing you to run lean and lose and engine.

Not sure but I think they stopped using them between 2000-2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back