95 spx 657 oil from exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They was not used for a few years. They were hesitating on acceleration and running horrible. Rebuilt the carbs per instructions found here, replaced gray hoses, cleaned fuel tank. They run ok . When running on water hose they have oil in the exhaust. Reading threads has told me it's probably the rotary valve shaft and seal. But some threads say the crank seals too. A local repair guy also said RVS and crank seals. Is it possible it's only the rotary valve shaft and seal? One thread said you can see it weeping when you get to it. Also can you get to it while in the ski? I really don't wanna take out the engine unless it's necessary. If I can get by with just the RVS, and the crank seals leak a smidge, I am ok with that. And are there any detailed instructions anywhere for doing so. I have the seloc manual, but the instructions are not seamless and would jump from chapter to chapter. Thanks for any and all input.

In one photo you can see the oil stain on the sand from the water/oil left on the ground, the other the oil residue near the exhaust area. Also I forgot to mention it's smoking like a mosquito fogger. Enough to be very embarassed to ride on the lake...

Attachments

• seadoo oil.jpg
    seadoo oil.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 9
  • seadoo oil 2.jpg
    seadoo oil 2.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 9
If it’s not the oil pump it can really only be the rotary shaft seal or the inner crank seals.

Follow-up- a guy at the local seadoo dealer asked what the smoke smelled like? [I don't remember my answer] and basically he said it sounded like bad gas?? I remembered that I did add some oil to the gas tank after carb rebuild. I actually read it in the repair manual, some guys put a little in the gas just in case the other oilers stop working to protect the engine. Did I add too much? maybe. I had also added seafoam... Did I forget and do it twice? maybe Did all the oil I added go to the bottom of the tank and not get mixed well? maybe Bottom line -I siphoned the gas, put in fresh with "startron enzyme fuel treatment" he sold me, and the smoke and oil leaking is gone, fixed. Hope this post may help someone in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back