95 Speedster ride plate removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you trying to remove the shoe?

It is bolted and glued on with silicone so it is going to be very hard to remove without damaging in and I am not sure if they are still available.

Hi there and thanks for replying.
I have some leaking issues and have the engines and pumps out so I figured now is the time for a complete restoration and properly repair chipped gelcoat inside the tubes and reseal the ride plate to assure a complete seal. I have all the screws and bolts out, unless there are some hiding I am not aware of. Seadoo mechanics I have talked to say it is hard but sometimes necessary to remove, clean, and reseal to do it right. So I need a video link or tips from anyone who has done this. Thanks

To be honest, I think I would try to silicone it all the way around without removing it and then use a razor blade to cut everything flush... It’s risky to attempt to pull it off, and those parts are getting really hard to come by...

Well, I have tried leverage from the turbine holes and the intake grate. I have heated, using three heat guns until you cannot touch the ride plate. I used 8 ft 4x4 putting as much pressure as possible. And yes, I tried the bottle jack method as well. I am convinced that the plate is epoxied or fiberglassed on and the only way it will come off it to bring the bottom of the boat with it. So now I will clean the old silicone and reseal and call it a day or a week.
Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back