95 seadoo sp 587 takes off, then bogs..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenagain

Hello All... am new here... and of course I have seadoo problems.
Took my seadoo into the dealer, thinking i just had maybe a internal fuel filter problem. Was advised that compression in one cyl was 145 and the other was 170.. After talking about it, he said I would be better off selling it, instead of tearing it down to see whats going on... $$$$
Do the experts here think this is the best idea?
Thanks

Is it bogging, not cranking, cranking but not starting? BR8ES *plugs gapped .021?
Did you check fuel routeing? Is ignition sparking?

Hello All... am new here... and of course I have seadoo problems.
Took my seadoo into the dealer, thinking i just had maybe a internal fuel filter problem. Was advised that compression in one cyl was 145 and the other was 170.. After talking about it, he said I would be better off selling it, instead of tearing it down to see whats going on... $$$$
Do the experts here think this is the best idea?
Thanks

the 145 cylinder is perfect, the 170 gots seepage of oil. Fire it up, burn whats in there, get anutha set of plugs, and hit the river.

Wouldnt be bad idea to go thru the carbs and replace the grey fuel lines.

Thanks for repying guys,
Here is whats happening...
It fires right up, when I first take off in the water it has plenty of power.. and will cruise about 15-20 mph. Say thats about half throttle! When I give it more throttle, then it wants to slow down.. if I let off the throttle and then give throttle again, it will take off to about 15-20 mph.
So I was thinking maybe the internal fuel filter might be clogged..
However, the seadoo mechanic says because one cylinder is 145 and the other is 170, I should think about getting rid of it.. I guess what he is saying is, because the compression is so different in the cylinders, if I keep riding it, I will seize the motor.

brand new, those motors are banging at 150psi....i'd find my own compression gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back